The F/A-20 Razorback is a ground attack plane in use by the United States Joint Strike Force.
The F/A-20 Razorback is essentially an F-22 fighter that has been up-armored to enhance survivability as a ground attack fighter. While the additional armor makes the F/A-20 less than ideal for dog fighting, it is a highly capable bomber and strike craft.
Its weaponry used on selected targets varies by the Air Strike level you have.
- Air Strike 1 will result in F/A-20's bearing down on enemy forces with a strafing run.
- Air Strike 2 will have F/A-20's fire air-to-surface missiles.
- Air Strike 3 will use Laser Guided Bombs, devastating to vehicles and infantry in a large radius.
Remember, airstrikes do not damage shields; they bypass shields and directly damage an enemy unit.
- The Razorback is the second aircraft to carry the designation A-20. The first was the twin engined Douglas A-20 Havoc, which flew from the Second World War up until the Vietnam conflict.
- A Razorback is a wild boar native to the Southern United States.
- The F/A-20 looks remarkably similar to the F-22 Raptor, though its mission profile is drastically different (ground attack as opposed to air superiority).
- The Razorback also appears as a pilotable aircraft in Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.