The M5A2 Schwarzkopf is a tank in use by the United States Joint Strike Force.
The Pentagon likes to refer to the M5A2 Schwarzkopf as the world's premiere mounted combat system, and it's easy to see why. This Main Battle Tank is the pride of the JSF and can endure massive punishment while dealing out the same. Its 120mm smoothbore cannon is capable of blasting apart enemy fortifications while its advanced fire control system gives it unsurpassed accuracy. Unlike the M118 Fastback, the M5A2 still uses a gas turbine rather than a diesel hybrid engine.
Named after General Norman Schwarzkopf, this mounted combat system is yet another example of the end results from the Future Combat Systems program. While its primary armament, a 120mm smooth bore cannon, is essentially unchanged from tanks of previous generations, the rounds it's capable of firing are updated to be much more punishing. The M5A2 is a mix of the old and the new. It still has the tried and true .50 caliber coaxial heavy machinegun, but can now be fitted with the RAVEN 20mm chain gun. It has an engine that runs on fossil fuels but its advanced fire control system gives it a level of accuracy that is unheard of. The Schwarzkopf can even be equipped with an Advanced Active Defense System which provides added protection against an array of high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) weaponry.
Joint Strike ForceEdit
Use the M5A2 Schwarzkopf, especially with all it's long range upgrades, as a sniper. They can fire on units like the Panther 1A3 and especially the T-100 Ogre before they can get retaliatory fire. Cover for them against gunships with M118s, and if you come under artillery fire, get AH-80 Blackfoot Gunships to take them out or just move out of sight.
Use Cheetah Gunships against Schwarzkopfs. However if there are riflemen or engineers in cover covering for the MBTs, use a Badger unit to bait the Schwarzkopf out of its protection, or if its protection goes with it (in the case of covering M118s) use Panther 1A3s in ambush position so that the Schwarzkopf cannot use it's range advantage against you.
Spetsnaz Guard BrigadesEdit
Use Howler Gunships against Schwarzkopfs, but you can alternatively use a UAV or riflemen with camouflage and spot the Schwarzkopf, Then use Russia's powerful artillery and blow them to shreds. If possible, cover the arty with T-100 Ogres or a Bear unit in cover. If you can get a Schwarzkopf within range of a T-100 Ogre without the T-100 unit obtaining any damage, the M5A2 is as good as dead.
- Firepower Enhancement: Increases range. Cost 100,000 CR
- Coaxial Gun: Increases short range firepower. Cost 300,000 CR
- HESH Shell: Unlocks special ability: Fire High Explosive Squash Head round. Cost 900,000 CR
- BLOS Cannon: Increases range of special attack. Cost 1,200,000 CR
- Platform Stabilizer: Increases accuracy. Cost 1,500,000 CR
- Fire Control: Increases range significantly. Cost 1,800,000 CR
- Independent Viewer: Increases accuracy significantly. Cost 2,100,000 CR
- Nano Composite Armor: Increases hit points. Cost 100,000 CR
- Active Defense: Increases shield durability. Cost 300,000 CR
- Auto Grenade Launcher: Equips a Anto Grenade Launcher to increase short range firepower against attacking units. Cost 900,000 CR
- Stacked Projectiles: Increases Auto Grenade Launcher firepower. Cost 1,200,000 CR
- D.U. (Depleted Uranium) Armor: Increases HP significantly. Cost 1,500,000 CR
- Power Unit: Increases movement speed. Cost 100,000 CR
- Hydrogen Cells: Increases movement speed. Cost 300,000 CR
Schwarzkopf Callsigns Edit
Schwarzkopf callsign seem to deal with powerful or brutal forces.
- The Schwarzkopf is named after General Norman Schwarzkopf (August 22, 1934 - December 27, 2012), who was the commander of Coalition forces during the First Gulf War, who were renowned for their 'shock and awe' approach (first from air, then via a tank blitzkrieg) and where General Schwarzkopf earned the nickname "Stormin' Norman".